Resolution Institute is the successor membership organisation which now performs the functions previously performed by the Institute of Arbitrators Australia (IAA), Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia (IAMA) and LEADR. Resolution Institute has adopted these Rules for use by parties in arbitration. On 20 December 2022 the Board of Resolution Institute resolved that for contracts entered into on or after 1 January 2023 these Rules apply where the parties have submitted a dispute to arbitration in accordance with:
- The Resolution Institute Arbitration Rules;
- The IAA Arbitration Rules;
- The IAMA Arbitration Rules;
- The IAMA Fast Track Arbitration Rules; or
- The Rules for the Conduct of Commercial Arbitrations (including the Expedited Commercial Arbitration Rules).