The Hon Margaret Beazley AC KC Expert Determination Scholarship
Introducing Resolution Institute’s female only expert determination scholarship.
There is a significant gender disparity in determinative dispute resolution in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand. Women are substantially underrepresented in the Resolution Institute membership and the broader determinative community generally.
Resolution Institute is committed to meaningful change in this space and to close the gap. In line with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan and our commitment to increasing representation of women in determinative and commercial dispute resolution practice we are pleased to announce our first female only scholarship.
Now in its second year, the scholarship is open to all Resolution Institute female members, for those wishing to either develop an alternative career path or to be included on the Resolution Institute Register of Practising Expert Determiners. Only citizens of Australia or permanent residents may apply.
The scholarship will be offered at each of our Expert Determiner's Course.
Inclusions and obligations
- Resolution Institute will cover the full cost of course fees for the duration of the course.
- All expenses will be paid including flights and accommodation for the course dates (for face to face attendance).
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria should they wish to be included on the panel following the successful completion of the course and assessment.
- The candidate must be available to attend the full duration of the course.
- The successful candidate must write a report about her scholarship experience and may be asked to speak at Resolution Institute events.
Who should apply?
We are seeking aspiring female Expert Determiners who are currently working in areas such as law, building and construction, accounting, engineering, mining, or architecture. To be eligible to apply, you must meet the minimum selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in a related industry and/or in the application of dispute resolution within any industry.
- Three years or more dispute resolution experience or equivalent.
For further information on the course, visit our website
If you are seeking inclusion on the Register, please read the Expert Determiners Policy
Applications will only be accepted if made on the official Application Form.
Applications for the Scholarship are now closed.