with Bianca Keys
Wednesday, 31 May 2023 | 10am – 1pm AEST | Online
This is a workshop for HR professionals who want to better understand and support mediation processes from the inside. It will be highly interactive - an opportunity to learn, ask questions, and share experiences. Join us if you have ever asked yourself the following:
• What are the potential causes and expressions of conflict within the workplace?
• How can I initially manage expectations and de-escalate conflict?
• When might it be helpful to contact a mediator?
• How do I find a mediator and what should I be aware of when looking?
• How can I support people and get buy in from them for mediation?
• What can I do to support the mediator and the parties in setting up a mediation?
• What does a mediation process look like and what is it trying to achieve?
• How might I navigate push back to the process from those involved?
• What do I need to know about confidentiality and how does that impact post-mediation?
• Internal/External Considerations - What about me? Can’t I be the mediator?
A maximum of 15 attendees are able to participate in a given workshop. These events are not recorded and can only be attended live.
About the trainer
Bianca Keys is a highly experienced mediator, facilitator, trainer and conflict management coach with over 19 years’ experience.
Bianca operates her own consultancy, specialising in conflict management and resolution for commercial, workplace and healthcare disputes.
In addition Bianca has diverse experience designing and implementing industry dispute resolution schemes. She has held Federal Government and Industry appointments including for the Australian franchising, horticulture, retail, petroleum, film exhibition, and wine making industries.
Since 2005 Bianca has delivered mediation training in Australia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, and Bahrain. This variety has given her the opportunity to develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of learning styles and best training practice. Bianca currently trains, coaches and assesses mediators under the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS). She was also a Director and Chairperson on the Mediator Standards Board between 2014-2022, overseeing mediator accreditation in Australia. Bianca is passionate about developing, supporting, and mentoring a new generation of dispute resolution practitioners.
Bianca has been appointed to a number of mediation panels, including statutory appointments by the NSW Health Care Complaints Commissioner, the NSW Workers Compensation Commission and the NSW Small Business Commission. She is also a mediator with the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (Franchising, Horticulture, Small Business).
Bianca facilitates in-house conflict management and effective communications workshops. She is a frequent contributor to industry publications and conferences and is consulted for her expertise in effective communication, negotiation, conflict management and mediation.