Resolution Institute's two-day workplace mediation training is back by popular demand. This workshop provides you with a specialized approach to conducting workplace mediation. This interactive workshop includes practical skills enabling the mediator to design and facilitate a responsive mediation process to assist the parties and the organisation.
"The presenter was excellent in content and delivery."
"An excellent workshop - bespoke and dedicated to workplace mediation."
"The time just flew by! Catherine brings energy & passion to her facilitation and shared success stories & what works for her - a wealth of info shared!"
"Catherine is professional, a very talented and experienced facilitator, empathetic, knowledgeable, thorough and personable."
Who is this training for?
- anyone wanting to learn more about mediation in a workplace context
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
You will learn...
- Practical framework for mediators managing the pre-mediation, mediation and post mediation phases of the workplace mediation
- Essential communication skills to explore issues and options
- Practical tools that open up perspective taking and help parties take constructive and collaborative action moving forward
- Strategies for responding to power dynamics and emotions
- Approaches for engaging advisers and support people constructively
Resolution Institute is known for its quality program design, the interactive and experiential emphasis on training activities and the exemplary skills of its facilitators.
- Completed Mediation Training previously
About our trainer
a nationally accredited (NMAS) mediator, and certified by the International Mediation Institute (IMI) and Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI). Catherine has mediated over 1000 commercial and workplace disputes and is appointed to international and national panels including the SIMI Mediator Panel, the ADGM Arbitration Centre Mediator Panel, NSW Government Office of Small Business Commissioner Panel, Australian Disputes Centre Mediator Panel, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (Franchising) Mediation Panel and NSW Personal Injury Commission mediator.
Catherine has a legal background having practiced commercial litigation in Sydney and London.
Catherine has conducted mediation training extensively in Australia and internationally. She lectures on Negotiation Skills in the MBA programmes of University Technology Sydney, and teaches Negotiation and Conflict Management in the public and private sectors in Australia, India, China and South-East Asia. She is visiting faculty for MNLU Mumbai India; and the University of Law and Political Science Shanghai China as well as a Teaching Fellow LLM at University of New South Wales.