Join Resolution Institute's 2-day online course to refresh your mediation skills.
To refresh your memory on the mediation process, and the essential communication skills used by the mediator to facilitate dialogue between the parties throughout the process.
Preparation for mediation is an important part of the process. Understand essential steps that assist preparation for the parties and the mediator, and the value this brings to the mediation.
- Revise key concepts such as the intake process, assessing suitability for mediation, and how to run an effective preliminary meeting
- Revisit the 8 stages of the Diamond model, the role of the mediator in each
- Develop your communication skills as Mediator – hone your listening, questioning and reframing skills
- Participate in 3 mediation simulations with feedback from an experienced coach that will assist your development
Who is this training for?
- Accredited mediators wanting to complete Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Applicants for national accreditation using the ‘experienced qualified’ pathway needing CPD
- Candidates for video assessment seeking practice and feedback
Completed the 5-day Mediation course or equivalent.
What is included?
- Pre-recorded videos on some of the important stages of the mediation process
- Two sessions of 5.5 hour live interactive learning on the Zoom platform, held across two days
About our trainer
Catherine Davidson is a nationally accredited (NMAS) commercial and workplace mediator, and is certified by the International Mediation Institute (IMI) and Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI). Catherine is appointed to international and national panels including the SIMI Mediator Panel, the ADGM Arbitration Centre Mediator Panel, NSW Government Office of Small Business Commissioner Panel, Australian Disputes Centre Mediator Panel, Australian Small Business, Family Enterprise Ombudsman (Franchising) Mediation Panel and the NSW Personal Injury Commission.
Catherine has a legal background having practised commercial litigation in Sydney and London.
Catherine has conducted mediation training extensively in Australia and internationally. She is Teaching Fellow LLM University of New South Wales, and lectures on Negotiation Skills in the MBA programmes of University of Technology Sydney. She teaches Negotiation, and Conflict Management skills in the public and private sectors in Australia, India, China and South-East Asia. She is visiting faculty for MNLU Mumbai India, and the University of Law and Political Science Shanghai China.
Your next steps
After graduating from this course, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Do you provide in-house courses?
Resolution Institute can also offer in-house courses customised to meet your needs as an organisation – please contact us on (02) 9251 33 66 or [email protected] to discuss options.
Is assessment part of this course?
How do I access the Online Workshop?
You will receive an email with the Zoom meeting link about a week prior to the workshop.
You will need to ensure you have made full payment beforehand to receive the link.
What do I need on my computer or device to take part in an Online Workshop?
You will ideally need a computer or device with a camera and microphone and good Internet coverage. You will need to make sure that you can access ‘Zoom’ in your browser. You can download and install Zoom prior or as part of the process when you first click the Zoom link.
You may join the Online Workshop from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.