with Bradley Chenoweth
Monday 5 June 2023 – Friday 9 June 2023 | 8.30am – 5.30pm AEST | Canberra ACT
The training meets the requirements for the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) in Australia. The course has a strong skills development orientation. You will engage in demonstrations, simulation role plays offering experiential learning along with personalised coaching and receive feedback from highly skilled mediators.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive 20% off your membership for your first year which will gain you exclusive access to a range of our membership benefits. For more information about membership benefits, click here.
"The most helpful, informative and inspiring workshop I have ever attended"
"Coaching during simulations was very affirming and focused on future improvements"
"A very intensive and well-constructed course. It felt rigorous as the same time as be supportive"
"Extremely useful in a range of contexts through management, leadership and hands-on mediation."
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add mediation to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- hose wishing to become professional accredited mediators
Previous participants include dispute resolvers and complaints handlers in all sectors, managers and executives, lawyers and accountants, human resource personnel and organisational trainers, union and workplace relations advisors, health care practitioners, educators, counsellors, coaches, conciliators, industrial relations experts and community engagement professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will learn...
- a proven step-by-step mediation process adaptable to a wide range of circumstances
- essential skills to identify the range of drivers underpinning different perspectives
- effective communication skills and processes to manage difficult or emotionally charged interactions
- strategies to generate options and break impasse
- practical tools to keep people with conflicting views focused on achieving constructive outcomes
- a critical understanding of ethical issues relevant when navigating conflict and dispute situations
About our trainer
Bradley Chenoweth is a Visiting Fellow to Law Schools at the University of WA, as Advisor to the UWA Mediation Clinic; and the Australian National University, as Director of the Centre for Dialogue. He is regional Adjunct Faculty to both MIT’s Sloan School IDEAS Asia Pacific program, a collaboration with UID Indonesia; and the Presencing Institute (USA). Trained as a lawyer, Bradley is Fellow and Lead Trainer with the Resolution Institute, ANZ’s largest member-based dispute resolution organisation.
Bradley teaches negotiation, mediation and dispute resolution; also, collaborative innovation, systems thinking and transformation; both professionally and at universities across Asia Pacific. Since 2005, as consultant and now regional associate with Dialogos International in Boston, he has worked globally on large scale system transformation projects and has stewarded professional development and senior executive programs across multiple sectors.
His first step beyond formal law was mediation. It remains his passion and the focus of his practice in Australia. At its centre is the creation of value through facilitated negotiation.
Your next steps
After graduating from this course, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
We are pleased to offer a special discounted early bird fee up to one month prior to course enrolment.
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Discounted rates for bulk bookings are available, please contact us on (02) 9251 3366 or write to us at [email protected].
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Do you provide in-house courses?
Resolution Institute can also offer in-house courses customised to meet your needs as an organisation – please contact us on (02) 9251 33 66 or [email protected] to discuss options.
Is assessment part of this course?