Attend Resolution Institute's CINERGY® conflict management coaching workshop to become a trained coach who supports individuals to deal with conflict situations and build conflict competencies.
Conflict management coaching brings together coaching and alternative dispute resolution in a powerful process which supports people to reach their goals in the way they manage conflict. It is useful as an early intervention strategy, in situations where parties may not be ready or able to bring the conflict into the open, or where there are habitual patterns of destructive conflict. Conflict management coaching can be used to prepare people to engage more effectively in negotiation, mediation, relational conflict and change. It can also assist in minimising the risk of psychological workplace injury.
"Great program! Really useful to add to my toolkit. A really worthwhile experience."
"It was presented in a clear, easy to follow manner."
"Really enjoyed the workshop and the way it was delivered. Met my expectations in every way."
"Capacity of the model to be used in a variety of situations."
"Being able to practice the method and receive very constructive feedback from other participants, the trainer and coach mentors was very beneficial."
"Experience of being the client and unravelling real conflicts."
"Would recommend this workshop unreservedly."
Continuing professional development
This course contributes up to 29 hours continuing Professional Development under the National Mediation Accreditation System (NMAS). Participants may receive up to 36 Continuing Coaching Education Units as approved by the International Coach Federation as follows: 31 hours ICF Core Competencies; and 5 hours Resource Development.
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add conflict coaching to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- those wishing to become professional conflict coaches
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will learn:
- Identify the unique principles and methods of conflict management coaching
- Explore the framework that underpins conflict management coaching
- Learn and practice the stages of CINERGY® conflict management coaching
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding of their own skills in managing conflict and change
- Learn how to empower individuals to identify their own solutions
- Develop skills to be an effective conflict management coach
- Learn how to use this method as effective preparation for mediation
- Gain an appreciation of the many applications and uses of conflict management coaching
- Learn to apply different conflict management coaching strategies
- Develop an understanding of the conflict cycle and learn about the Not-so merry go round of conflict.
As a trained CINERGY® conflict management coach, you will be able to coach individuals to:
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding on their approach to conflict
- Help shift destructive reactions to more constructive responses
- Communicate effectively in conflict situations
- Develop skills to manage disputes more collaboratively.
About our trainer
Franca has a background in law and over 25 years’ experience providing dispute management services in a broad range of areas including commercial, personal injury, workplace and family. She provides training and coaching in conflict management and mediation for various universities and other organisations in Australia and the broader Asia Pacific region.
Franca’s practice includes mediating and conciliating in a number of South Australian and Federal courts and tribunals. She is on various mediator panels and is a restorative engagement facilitator for the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman and Catholic Church under their Towards Healing program.
Franca was inaugural Secretary and a founding Director of the Mediator Standards Board (MSB) (2010-2013) and Project Officer, Review of Standards (2013-2015). She is Chair of the Law Society of South Australia (LSSA) ADR Committee and a member of both the LSSA and AAT Mediator Accreditation Committees.
Franca has been providing training and coaching services to the Resolution Institute (formerly LEADR) since 1995 and has consistently received excellent feedback from training participants about the value she brings to the training offerings
Your next steps
After graduating from this workshop, to become certified you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
We are pleased to offer a special discounted early bird fee up to one month prior to course enrolment.
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Discounted rates for bulk bookings are available, please contact us on (02) 9251 3366 or write to us at [email protected].
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Do you provide in-house courses?
Resolution Institute can also offer in-house courses customised to meet your needs as an organisation – please contact us on (02) 9251 33 66 or [email protected] to discuss options. To find out more about the CINERGY® conflict coaching model, click here.
Is assessment part of this course?